The Salvation Army has limited amounts of court-ordered community service opportunities. Please carefully read the below requirements and job functions. In order to maintain a safe environment for all, we must adhere to these regulations, exceptions will not be made.
Red Shield Services Shelter (400 Luckie Street Atlanta GA 30313)
Individuals completing community service must visit Red Shield Services first. Hours of community service application are Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 12:00pm, no appointment is needed. You must complete paperwork and meet with Salvation Army staff before starting your service. You will then be scheduled to return and complete your hours.
You must have the following paperwork with you:
- Government issued picture ID
- Court paperwork with the stated charges and ordered hours.
The types of offenses that are NOT accepted:
- Felony offenses
- Any violent offenses, including battery, assault or animal cruelty.
- Any drug related charges, including possession.
- Any shoplifting offenses.
Typical community service roles:
- Helping in the kitchen
- Doing laundry
- Providing general maintenance and janitorial duties
Please note that once you have completed your community service requirements, you may become a regular volunteer.